Monday, August 6, 2012

Second Grave on the Left By: Darynda Jones


“I’m Charlotte Davidson: private investigator, police consultant, all -around badass. Or I could’ve been a badass, had I stuck with those lessons in mixed martial arts. I was only in that class to learn how to kill people with paper.” 

In this sequel to First Grave on the Right, Charley Davidson once again leaves you on the edge of your seat...while doubled over with laughter! Darynda did a wonderful job with this book as well. Once I picked it up, I could not put it down. 

"I was an atheist until I learned that I was God. -Bumper Sticker"

One thing I love about this series is the friendship between Charley and Cookie. Anyone who has a great friendship with someone can most likely find some way to relate to those two! In the beginning of Second Grave on the Left, Charley is awakened by her best friend/neighbor, Cookie throwing clothing at her and dragging her out of bed at the crack of dawn to track down a missing woman. 

"I found myself struggling to keep up with her in my bunny slippers. With a sigh, I realized I was getting way too much exercise. I'd just have to counteract it later with cake. -Charley Davidson” 

Add Reyes Farrow, AKA "The Big Bad", AKA "The Son of Satan" into the mix and you have one sleep deprived grim reaper. With Reyes visiting her at night in her dreams and dropping this huge bomb on her, she not only has to track down this missing woman, but also the man of her dreams...literally. As I've said, this book keeps you on the edge of your seat in suspense, but also keeps you laughing so hard you may need a tissue or two. You will never expect what happens in this book, making it even more enjoyable.  Will Charley be able to keep her family and friends safe? Will Reyes show up in time to protect her like he always does? I guess you'll just have to read it and find out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment