Friday, August 10, 2012

Some Girls Bite By: Chloe Neill

This was honestly a book I wasn't sure I would enjoy. A friend recommended it to me and I bought it while still being a bit leerie of it. One thing you will learn about me, if you haven't figured it out already is, I am all about the covers and this book, honestly, the cover wasn't appealing to me at first. It starts to grow on you though.

So during this book, Merit (she goes by her last name) is attacked on her college campus. A vampire rips her throat out and she almost dies there in the quad until a stranger shows up and saves her life...by turning her into the very thing that almost killed her. She wakes up three days later in a limo outside of her house groggy and feeling very much alive. At first, Merit isn't sure what happened to her but it doesn't take her long to figure out she was turned against her will. The last thing she wants is to be a vampire and she'll be damned if she has to swear her oath to a specific house. 

Eventually, after much consideration, Merit makes her decision and becomes a katana-wielding badass. I mean, come on...who wouldn't want to fight bad guys with a katana?! I would accept that position any day...well, night in her situation. But there is a catch, she has to swear her allegiance to her sexy master, Ethan. And her main purpose in their mansion is to use that katana to protect everyone...but mainly Ethan. 

Once I began reading this I really couldn't put it down. I was honestly absorbed in this book. I even had dreams I had a katana and was fighting bad guys! This book is very eventful and leaves you in suspense for the entire book. Not to mention the chemistry/frustration between Merit and Ethan. This is definitely a must read!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment